Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blessed Or Cursed?

i have once again returned to the life of a worker drone - albiet not as mindless as the job i had before at NTUC Income (Tampines Branch).
i am currently an errand boy, expected to do what comes my way..
and i have stumbled upon the greatest treasure one can find in an office.. a living legend.

a computer at work that allows msn AND blogger is almost a myth - an urban legend passed down from generation to deprived generation.
many have seen the benefits of it firsthand, but have not lived to tell the tale; their throats slit and pathways destroyed by the guardian of myth known as the Server Administrator.

and yet here it is in front of me.. but the proverbial cave of treasure came with a dragon as well.

enjoying the benefits of this awesome workplace yesterday, i nevertheless had something buzzing away at my sixth sense like a mosquito hungry for my sweet, sweet blood. but i brushed it away.

this morning, i arrived only to find a comatose desktop computer in front of me - its face was blank; unresponsive despite repeated attempts to prod it awake.
i later discovered the cause - in an attempt to conduct body modification on itself and heighten its senses, it had an infection due to a piercing gone awry - and it was dying as i watched.

in a desperate attempt to save its data, i plunged my hands deep into its core and tried locating the infection - but to no avail. the data crumbled away as i looked on helplessly.

i sought the help of an old hermit known as EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional, who helped ressurect my deceased data months ago. as he sat there and executed an endless chant of commands, diving deep into a virtual realm-induced trance, i sat there and waited..

and chronicled this adventure.
have i been hexed by an unknown command prompt program?
first my laptop, and now my work computer - could it get any worse?

as i sit in the dingy cubicle-cave structure and stare at the screen, mindlessly jotting down my thoughts in my trusted blog, i nevertheless feel a sense of loss and failure - the once great technomancer known as FeiZai has been reduced to a babbling wreck behind a desk.

my senses tell me there's more to come - indeed; i am the only one who can spit from the 16th floor and hit somebody who happened to step into the trajectory of the glob of saliva (even though he wasn't there before.)

there's more to come.. and i can only brace myself for the inevitable onslaught of techno-demons that are out for my blood - the technomancer who has slain many of their kind.


there's more to come..
and its only the second day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home