Saturday, April 18, 2009

Again.

once again i sit
in my cold and dark room
staring at the screen
the light out of the gloom

this familiar feeling
stretches out and ensnares me
i feel my enthusiasm drop
and i feel no longer happy

it's 2am in the morning
and i sit here all alone
once again this emotion
starts to chill me to the bone

every now and then
it comes to torment me
much lesser than before, however
from it i have yet to be free

this sadness, this loneliness
this longing to belong
and i sit here asking
"what did i do wrong?"

immediately self-doubt swarms me
and self-esteem jumps off the roof
self-pity sneaks up and grabs me
while self-confidence goes poof

as i sit here all alone
and feel these emotions cloud my mind
i start to wonder
when will i ever find

peace from this torment
solace from the doubt
and a shield from all sad thought
for anger to be arrested
frustration to be hanged
and emo-ness to be shot

as the night
draws to a close
i lay down my head to sleep
as i drift off
into uneasy rest
troubles return to chasms deep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home