Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007.

first up:
SMASH pics.






the new year - 2008.
where people my age turn 18. whoopee.
before we know it we'll all be 28, given how fast time passes.



as i sit here and think, several thoughts come to mind - the bad things of 2007.
it is only basic instinct that one remembers the wrong done and not the good.
however, for the benefit of the masses (and the fact that big brother is always watching) and of course how uninteresting it would be to read blogs about one's failures and losses (oh, the irony.), i would like to fill this post with:

thanksgivings.

the good stuff that happened in 2007 has been largely overlooked due to my preoccupation with my snazzy relatively new laptop, the new sights and sounds of poly, and the overwhelming new amount of freedom i have.

as such, this post is to thank the various people out there who have touched my life in one way or another, and to thank God for the many things that happened.





the major miracle of 2007: my O level results.
for someone who got like 36 points for prelims, it's a miracle that i got 11.
i can safely say i didn't deserve it - and i certainly couldn't have attained that kind of results without any form of divine intervention.

i was resigned to my very possible fate: ITE.
more specifically, Beauty Therapy, as recommended by Ms. Yew.
and yet, i survived.

only God could've pulled off such a stunt. heck, i even passed my chinese. that in itself is a miracle.




then of course, there's the little miracles and thanksgivings.



having somewhere to stay, having a complete family and having a school to go to. those few alone aren't privileges held by many. i'm thankful none of these have been taken from me. these mercies are few nowadays.


my cell cluster (or most of them) have touched my life in one way or another. despite the busy year where we had very little contact (at the very best), they haven't forgotten me. i still remember the birthday surprise. probably the best birthday yet, and in the years to come.
thank you. especially my cell.
this year, i won't pangseh you people like i did last year. quote this to me if i ever do go back on my word. ;)


the KFC youths: it's amazing how you people have made me feel like one of you. the warmth, the family i found in you people - i felt all these the moment i was officially introduced to you all. and surprise, surprise. you people are gonna be sec 2 already. time flies - and bonds must be treasured deeply. sooner or later, you're all gonna grow up.
sticking together is waaaaaaaay important. never forget that.


my clique in cmm: you know who you are. the times that we had in ITAS laughing for no reason, the outings all around singapore, and the panicking together before a major assignment is due or a presentation, you all have made a huge impact in my life - never would i have thought that i would find such good friends in poly.


BoB3: i know you people don't read this blog. still, i'm surprised at how we somehow managed to stick together despite poly/jc lives separating us all. hopefully the bond between us all will stay strong in the years to come.





i won't thank individual people here due to possible bias - and the fact that it's gonna take ages.
you'll know if you're appreciated, believe me.











i don't believe in yearly resolutions. they almost always never work out anyways. making resolutions on the spur and hype of the upcoming new year isn't the way to go. rather, habits should be inculcated through one's sheer determination.















however, i will do what i've always planned to do: make a stand.
the buggers who've irritated me, the jokers who think it's fun to insult me - you know who you are.
nobody is gonna get away with insulting and laughing at me anymore. no more am i going to be a pushover. from the time of this posting onwards - watch yourself. touch me and i WILL make you pay.









with the end of this long post, i can only sit and wonder what's going to happen in the year to come. 2007 was a rollercoaster - i can only hope this year's as exciting as the years before - and hopefully even more.



nice to meet you, 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home